Friday, October 9, 2009

Knitting and Stitching a Creative Life










To be happy in life one must have a passion...mine is fibre. It feeds my soul...whether it be yarn, fabric or thread. Knitting is a way of centering...meditating and problem solving. I'm especially content when knitting with intention, imbuing each stitch with love and affection. It's then very powerful to literally wrap someone in prayers of hope and peace. A prayer shawl is the perfect way to do that--socks are another.




I love to coordinate a group in knitting prayer shawls. At the top of this posting is one knit by about 25 friends of my neighbour.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Janet
    Thank you for sharing your blog with me. I enjoyed reading your first one and viewing your projects. I am looking forward to following along.
    Jan Payson

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos of these projects!
    PBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a big step to start a blog. I tried to start last January but will move that to my 2010 "resolutions". Good luck with yours. I'm looking forward to seeing your pix and reading your blurbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Janet! Super photos too! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet introduced me to knitting prayer shawls this spring and since that time I have worked with a couple of groups to knit one for friends in dealing with the illness and loss of loved ones. They can also be made to celebrate new life as well as other things. Our group members' experiences have been very therapeutic and I would highly recommend creating a prayer shawl for a loved one, especially if you don't know what else to do for them. The experience of love and gratitude is something to behold. Thank you Janet for sharing the prayer shawl with me. Lana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your blog came up in conversation last week, Janet. Your website and blog did not disappoint - it has fed my soul for the day. I'll be back.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The aurora image is perfect for this project. Glad to see you're doing this blog, Janet; I will enjoy following your creative processes.

    ReplyDelete