Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kimiko's stole is started...


I've been very productive since Tuesday afternoon. As some of you know, I'm taking a Sociology of Aging course at UBCO. My team did a presentation on the youth culture of the 1960s Monday night, and I decided to celebrate the end of that assignment by doing something completely different--getting back to what I love to do, and that's to sew.


But of course, I do have a deadline for this stole--I hope to deliver it to Kimiko in a couple of weeks when I next visit my folks in Vancouver.



Judging by what I've accomplished here, I fully expect to meet that deadline.




One of the kimonos that Kimiko provided had gold embroidered cranes at the shoulders at center back.





I plan to incorporate the large crane at the centre back of the stole.



And another smaller crane is pieced into the lower edge.





1 comment: