Monday, August 29, 2011

I finished the piecing today. Here you see the stole in its raw and organic form on my design wall.


The next task was to lay the pieces down on the cutting table and trim off the raw edges using the paper pattern. I over-estimated the shrinkage caused by piecing--I'd far rather be trimming than trying to add fabric at this stage!

I stitched the centre back seam and placed the stole on my mannequin. (I've used my linen table cloth to mimic the alb which Bob will wear under the stole.)

Here's what the back looks like at the stage:



Decisions to come:

(1) What to use for piping. These striped ties are a possibility.



(2) Create a dove which will be appliqued on the centre back.

(3) Decide on any other finishing embellishments.


So, now to take a bit of a break and walk to the library to return some books due today...think about what to make for dinner...and think about these next steps! Deliberate down time is crucial to my creative process. I have the best ideas either while knitting or walking.









No comments:

Post a Comment