Sunday, April 15, 2012

Creative Juices Flowing...

I'm getting ready to teach a colour workshop at the 14th Annual Okanagan Knitting Retreat in May.  My workshop is "Colour Foundations", and so I've pulled out all my notes on colour as well as books and materials.  Once again I've had the greatest fun sorting my yarn collection into a giant colour wheel, just like we'll be doing in the workshop.
Isn't this a heart-warming array of yarn?!
I'm also getting ready to teach a Free Form knitting class at Gallery Vertigo in downtown Vernon on Saturday April 28th from 12:30 - 4:30 PM.  The cost is $40.00 plus $5.00 for materials.  Register at the gallery by April 21st.  We'll be using the same yarns as pictured above.  I've just finished a free form tea cozy...
This is a great technique for small amounts of wool.

2 comments:

  1. Have you purposely bought yarn to complete the spectrum, or is your stash naturally that varied? I'm quite sure I would have some big gaps if I tried to make a colour wheel from my stash - I have my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stash is naturally varied however I had some gaps to fill--which I did by visiting Kelowna Yarns a few weeks ago! What a great excuse to do some yarn shopping...

    I tend to buy single skeins and balls when I see colours I love. As a result, I never have enough to make a garment out of a single yarn. If I want to do that, I have to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete