Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tying up Loose Ends




First of all, an image of Chrissy in her stole presented to her by her family on graduation day May 10, 2010. Chrissy has just been appointed to a position in her home church in West Virginia. Congratulations Chrissy!






Secondly, the white stole has arrived at its destination in Georgia, and the feedback is positive. They think it is absolutely the most beautiful stole they've seen and that it's a work of art. That's all very reassuring to me working at a distance as I do. However I must also add that these stoles are rather like one's children--they're all favourites and beautiful!




Thirdly, I have started gathering materials and thinking about the design for the next stole. I'm happy to be working in my favourite colours--fortunately these are also the favourite colours of the wearer! Here are the neckties pulled from my collection to use:




Jude has asked me to use less blue and more purple and green (just like my hair these days!) and I'm happy to oblige.



Jude will be ordained from the One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in New York City (www.onespiritinterfaith.org) in June, and has a growing ministry for weddings. Check out her website http://www.reverendjude.com/ to learn about her very collaborative process helping couples plan their services. Since this stole will be worn primarily while officiating at weddings, she's asked for some irregular and suble hearts on the stole. Here's an image of my first attempt at piecing a heart using my bias strip piecing method:

I'll make another sample that's taller and thinner to fit on the front panel. This first one is too wide for the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment